11.06.2007

HS & GGI

I've adopted a great little surge of motivation. I'm not sure where it came from. All I know is I'm excited to get started with entertainment photography again. I don't want to say too much because I sometimes succumb to the ridiculous belief that I'll jinx myself. So much for logic.

This afternoon, I took my first try at head shots. My subject was a girlfriend from work: an actress. After looking over the finished product, we decided that this afternoon was merely a "practice run;" we'll do a second shoot on another day. It was also very windy today, which made it very difficult for Christine's hair to stay in place. Lots of work needs to be done; there are a lot of things I need to pay attention to when I'm shooting.
A lot of you have probably already seen these from my Myspace, but here are my two favorites:


I'm so surprised with how much I learned from one simple shoot. I really got an idea of what looks good and how to direct. I paid close attention to details. Hopefully I can keep it up and get more practice whenever I can. I need to pay attention to emails, answer them immediately and return phone calls; this seems to be another
bad habit of mine.

I went to Globe Gong Idol tonight. I'm glad that I've been able to make time to go to shows again. Here are some shots:


Faye and CJ.

Tony Blanco and John Springsteen.


I've taken far too many pictures of this person.


Faye and Mandie.

Tony Blanco (foreground) and group.

It'll be a little longer til' I can get to another show...I'll (most likely) attend the Pat Brice tribute show. I'm really looking forward to this show. I'll finally see the legend known as Shawn Cole!

I've used the words "a lot" far too much in this entry.

That's it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristy Mangel said...

>>I'll (most likely) attend the Pat Brice tribute show

YOU WILL BE THERE

6:11 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth McQuern said...

Your headshots are GORGEOUS! Nice work, Gemnich!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home