11.18.2006

My Scottish Aunt.

The good news? I have my computer back. It's practically brand new. They replaced the "shell" so it looks pretty. The bad news? I cant figure out where the hell my flickr account is or what my user name AND password are. I had it all automatically saved up in my computer brains so it signed me in whenever I was on. Now I have it back but I really dont know what the hell my login is. I guess that's what you get for signing up for something when you're shit-canned.

Errgh!

This month has definitely been an exercise in patience. I've had no internet access and have had to rely on the library for any sort of communication.

Alot happened.

It started the weekend my parents left. They took the laptop with them so mum could take it to the tech guy that hooked us up with the computer (in the first place). After they drove back to Michigan I went over to the Demon photo shoot to "document the documentation."

It was a challenge. I had no tripod and limited lighting
Towards the end of the shoot I had to use the bathroom, so I tried to push the door to get out but it wouldnt budge. We ended up getting locked in the attic for a good fifteen minutes. Terrifying. Appropriate for Halloween but terrifying.

The following Tuesday was the ChUC Halloween show, which you've all seen pictures of.

That Saturday I was busy with three photo shoots all within eight hours of each other. First, pictures of David Angelo with his surrogate dog for the weekend, Fudge.

It was sort of a different experience for me, as I'm not used to "directing" people. Usually I just like candid sorts of interactions. I'd prefer it if the subject didnt know I was even around.

After that shoot, I met up with K-Rock and we headed over to Rock Comedy for a little visit.
We headed out early and ran into Josh Cheney at the Belmont Bus stop. He was also on his way to Playground for A Demon Who Never Appeared. Kristy and I stopped at 1000 Liquors (or "10 ors" if you read the sign literallly) to pick up some magic and to be flattered by the clerks. When we arrived at Playground, I decided to sit by the door for aesthic purposes but felt lonely when I noticed everyone sitting on the opposite side of the room. I snuck over and perched next to Andy Ross and later delighted in his Angry-Law-Suit-Man character.

My favorite show in the city has become "Demon." I love Kumail, Jared and Andy's writing. You dont get to experience something like this very often. I feel lucky every time I see it.

The Monday after that, I managed a trip the Birds Nest Anniversary Show. It was actually the first time I've ever been to the Birds Nest. It was nice. Surprising. Delightful.
Not only are these kids hilarious, but they're quite intelligent and you can sense the cameradarie as soon as you step into the room. And it's cameradarie without pretension.
I tried not to get too frustrated with the black curtain and the single light for the stage.

My Mum and Dad came the weekend of the 11th and I finally got to take them to a Lodge show. It ended up being a pretty awesome time. They loved everyone.
Dad said he was annoyed that T.J. kept checking his notes and he thought that Pat was the most "professional" of them all.

T.J. came out with a giant stein of milk and a huge candy bar. The couple in the front row were eating nachos and drinking some beers and T.J. challenged them to a chugging contest. They of course took it up, accepted half the giant candy bar and the girl ended up throwing up. On her plate. Wretched.

Tomas called me up on stage to assist him. There was a height issue. A crack was made. It was expected.

And that's where the pictures end. I have to clear my cards so I can start all over again.
I'm glad to be this busy. I want to keep at it. I really dont want to stop. Got something for me? Throw it at me. I'll me more than willing to help you out.

I want more and more experience.

I decided I'm going to hire myself out as an "Improv Sketch Group Title Writer."
I like the name "Not On The Mouth."

That's it for tonight. I'm tired and I looked forward to this entry for too long. Now I'm at a loss of course. I have a shit-ton of pictures to work on, put onto disks and send to people. Uhh. Perhaps I'll post more favorites on Monday.

Tonight I went to Schadenfreude's Rent Party. Yet another one of the countless moments when I wish I had my camera.
Sigh.
Gnight.

Oh hey, if you like cars (or dont) check out my friend Alex's blog: www.angryaboutcars.blogspot.com
It's basically the angry rantings of an engineering student in the Motor City.

*Apologies if this entry lacks continuity...I'm sort of delirious...yawn.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most sites have an option to look up your password and such. I'm almost certain flickr has something like that...

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home