2.27.2007

Impress These Apes Finale.

The Apes.

After a long, exciting 8 weeks, tonight was the "Impress These Apes" finale at the Lakeshore Theatre.

I was way satisfied with the production. It was hilarious and colorful and brilliant. They brought back all the guests from the past few weeks to do bits.
I was happy with almost my complete set.
Which is raaaaa-aaaare.
I havent been this happy with a set since Sketchubator.

Jim Fath and friend.

I suppose the lighting and the theatre helped alot. The Lakeshore is spacious and bright. I could even get up and move to the other side of the theatre inconspicously.

Captain "Ape-Hab" and Hollywood Ape.

Still. I got that feeling; when you take a picture and you feel it-like a natural rush-almost...like: "Oh, that one is going to be perfect!"

Jared Logan as Gameshow Host.

The Flickr set is all over the place, but that's only because I still cant log into my account.

The Winner: Jamie Buell.

Tomorrow is Neil Hamburger and I'm praying to the photo gods for good luck at that venue. I struggled last time at The Hideout, but everyone said the photos turned out fine...We'll see. I'm also really excited to see Neil live. I've heard so much about him.

Along with Victor Borge, another comedian I've been really digging is Emo Philips. I've always loved his silly way of wording things and that goofy voice and hair.
He is a little creepy, but it's all part of a schtick, y'know?
"Well, my brother says "hello"! So, hooray for speech therapy."
I wish he would come to Chicago.

Wish me luck for tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home